February 14, 2009

Hot Toes



Is it just me, or are these some good looking feet?

These are basic, toe-up socks. I added a few hugs and kisses cables on the cuff. I thought the cables were appropriate for a Valentine's Day gift, but unobtrusive enough that a fellow wouldn't feel ashamed to wear them.

I tried to use a tubular bind-off, but couldn't get it to look nice. I'll need to practice more before I master that technique. Instead, I worked the [k2tog, transfer just-worked-stitch back to left needle] repeat, bind-off. It's stretchy though nothing special to look at.

I think Don's feet look not only handsome, but happy.

Stats
Pattern: improvised the ribs and cables, consulted Wendy's Toe-up Socks for toe and heel construction (can't remember which pattern--they're all good).
Yarn: Paton's Kroy Socks, 75% washable wool, 25% nylon, in Flax, 2 skeins
Needles: size 2 dpns
Size: Don's. I traced his foot.

No comments: